ZZ Top
 |
| ZZ Top, August 2026 |
Sometimes
the simplest shapes can be combined to create unique designs. I
started this quilt by cutting up medium sized scraps into half square
triangles and rectangles. I had no particular layout in mind.
By
the time I had added some natural muslin and sewed a few blocks, an
idea popped into my head and this quilt was the result. By flipping
two sections together, the Z began to take shape when I added 1”
muslin sashing.
After
I finished the blocks, I remembered a colorful guitar print for a
border and backing, so naming it ZZ Top made perfect sense to me. I pieced
everything on my Singer 99 called Bogart. I chose a utility zig-zag
stitch for quilting on the Janome.
ZZ
Top finished at 46” x 54” and yes, I definitely played their
music and even danced a little bit while working on this one. Such a fun and happy quilt!
Dies
used:
Accuquilt
55031
Half Square Triangle 4” finished
55159
Rectangle 2” x 4” finished
Blue
Wren 6015 Strips 1” finished