
Big Charmer, April 2026
This
year seems to have a scrappy theme going. I enjoyed sewing these nine large 16” blocks with fresh colors of green, gold, orange, pink,
blue and aqua prints.

I
laid out the quilt in EQ8, but when I placed the pieces on my wall,
it needed something, so I made a design change to add the 3" corner
triangles. I’m never afraid to switch things around.
Squares,
half-square triangles, and quarter square triangles make up the two
slightly different blocks. I quilted with pale yellow thread, using a
gentle wave ruler to create an edge to edge fishnet pattern.
Big
Charmer is 49” square and has a vintage feel to it. And, believe it
or not, I still have tons of remnants left for my next brainstorm.
Dies
used:
Accuquilt
55031
HST 4½”
55711
QST 4½”
55021
Value die Square 2½”
55009
HST 3½”
55017
Strips 2½”
Blue
Wren 6522 HST 8½”
