
Triple Digit Triangles, May 2026
Our Tennessee weather has been sizzling hot so I’ve been staying inside. The
heat index was 100+ all last week. I picked a quilt for today that
has summertime colors in bright pinks, reds, oranges, and yellows,
tempered with some light gray.

I
saw an antique hand stitched quilt with these triangles at an April
quilt show and knew I had to make it. But not by hand! I ordered
the Blue Wren kite/equilateral triangle die when I got home. It does
have a Y-seam, but it’s easy with these perfectly cut pieces and
consistent seams.
Alternating
the 6” gray triangles emphasizes the colors, which I arranged in
diagonal rows. I quilted straight stitch with red and orange
variegated thread inside the gray sections for a perfect match. The
backing is a gray, orange and hot pink large floral print with a
diagonal orange & white dot strip.
Triple
Digit Triangles is 47” x 49” finished. I’ve already started
cutting more kite sections from my leftover bins to make a more traditional scrappy version later.
There’s
more heat ahead for us so I will do what they tell old people to do
and stay inside. It’s a grand excuse to sew all day and drink iced
tea!
Blue
Wren dies used:
6566
Equilateral Triangle 6”
6372
Kites to form 6” Equilateral Triangles
Accuquilt 55017 Strips 2½” binding
