Monday, March 18, 2013

Bits, Pieces, and Blarney

I routinely jot down funny, random or interesting ideas so I can expand on them later for this blog. As I looked through my notes to begin writing, I realized that some of them don't need expansion or explanation. They are good enough on their own.

So, enjoy!

When a friend needs duct tape, don't ask questions and don't offer advice...just deliver her the roll with a smile. And be sure to wipe off your fingerprints just in case.

Life would be easier if everyone came to the realization that you just can't fix stupid.

If the stands at Bristol are less than half full for a Sunday race, something is very, very wrong with NASCAR. There was once a waiting list for tickets and it was only used if someone died.

You don't always need a reason to give someone a hug, a hand, or a call.

You might be a redneck if you've used Channel Locks or Vise Grips to pull the cork on a wine bottle. (guilty)

Children should be taught to stand on their own two feet and be independent. They are not entitled to indefinitely live with or be supported by their parents.

It's not denial...I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Signing off with this belated St. Patrick's Day quote: