Monday, October 19, 2020

Entwined

Let me just say that a double wedding ring quilt is NOT a quick one to sew. Even with Accuquilt, it took several hours to cut all those pieces, and many days to stitch them all together. Thank goodness my Janome machine has an accurate quilting foot and automatic lock stitch function. I decided right away to make it a lap quilt instead of queen size!


It was good for me to take my time, and practice patience. Going through my scrap boxes to choose fabrics and laying them out on my design board was relaxing. I love the old fashioned vintage look of Entwined. The pastels and white on cream go together nicely.




Quilting was done with cream thread ¼” away from the inner and outer seams of every circle. I used Creative Grids ruler Elvira by Angela Walters to create a curvy design in the center sections. Finally, I sewed light gray bias binding to the edges.


I love the look of the double wedding ring quilt, but I don't think I'll plan another one any time soon. Early quilters who hand stitched and hand quilted this design have my respect and admiration.


Entwined


Accuquilt dies used:
55076 and 55077 Double Wedding Ring


If you see me
with a seam ripper,
now is NOT a good time.”


Labels

1930's 1942 1969 accountability Accuquilt adapt adjust adventure advice affirmations amazing anniversary antiques Art Deco attitude Australia autumn baby quilt balance batik beach beauty birthday blessing bliss BlockBase Blue Wren Bogie bonus breathe brightness candy cat challenge change chevrons chocolate choice Christmas closet clothes clutter coffee color contentment cooking cottage cotton crafts Craftsman crazy creativity crochet decorating design designs distraction DIY downsizing drama dreams drunkard's path Elna energy EQ8 excitement expectations fabric fall family Featherweight feed sack Fifty flexibility flour sack flowers flying geese Flynn Quilt Frame focus fool free motion free spirit freedom friends fun furniture garden Granny Hill Granny Rose Grasshopper grateful gratitude Halloween happiness hexagon imagination independence insight inspiration intuition inventory Janome joy karma laughter lessons letting go life lists little things love magic mama Memorial Day memories milestones modern Mother's Day motivation Mustang nature opportunity organizing paint paradise passion patience peace perception perspective positive energy productivity purple quilt quilting quotes rainy days reflection refresh relaxation remnant renew resolutions responsibility restoration retro rhythm Rocketeer routines ruler quilting satisfaction scraps sewing sewing machine simplicity simplify Singer Singer 99 Slant-O-Matic 500 snow solitude Southern traditions spring stitching strawberries stress sugar sack summer sunshine thankful Thanksgiving Thoughts tiger oak traditions triangle tropical prints Universal useful valentine vintage violet waiting weather winter wisdom wishes yard sales