Monday, June 29, 2020

Fresh Start

The soft shades of this quilt are fresh and relaxing.  I found peach, pale green and aqua fabric in my stash that matched the diamond print to create four 18” quatrefoil blocks.


Using larger pieces makes for quick work.  I quilted using peach thread in a decorative stitch along seam lines. Backing and binding are the same peach print. Fresh Start is 37” square.



Accuquilt dies used:
55000 square 6 ½”
55005 rectangle 3 ½” x 6 ½”
55006 square 3 ½”
55456 flying geese 3 ½” x 6 ½”

Side note: During this COVID pandemic, I have had an opportunity to reflect, evaluate, and make positive changes in my daily life. I don't mind staying at home; I like a simple life. I enjoy the peace and quiet of my cozy house. It's ironic that I don't really like grocery shopping, yet that's one of the few places I've been since March. I do miss eating out, especially breakfast omelets and catfish.

I wear a mask when I venture out for supplies – for my own health as well as those around me. Apparently most people that I see do not, so I'll choose to stay in a while longer since cases and deaths are still rising.

I don't like negativity. I turn off the news and avoid the endless sensationalized blather about the virus, politics, and other inflammatory topics. A lot of things are happening that I don't think are right or even make sense. If something or someone offends me, I will not watch, listen, or support their efforts. I've got better things to do.

Do what you can, 
with what you have, 
where you are. 
Theodore Roosevelt 








Labels

1930's 1942 1969 accountability Accuquilt adapt adjust adventure advice affirmations amazing anniversary antiques Art Deco attitude Australia autumn baby quilt balance batik beach beauty birthday blessing bliss BlockBase Blue Wren Bogie bonus breathe brightness candy cat challenge change chevrons chocolate choice Christmas closet clothes clutter coffee color contentment cooking cottage cotton crafts Craftsman crazy creativity crochet decorating design designs distraction DIY downsizing drama dreams drunkard's path Elna energy EQ8 excitement expectations fabric fall family Featherweight feed sack Fifty flexibility flour sack flowers flying geese Flynn Quilt Frame focus fool free motion free spirit freedom friends fun furniture garden Granny Hill Granny Rose Grasshopper grateful gratitude Halloween happiness hexagon imagination independence insight inspiration intuition inventory Janome joy karma laughter lessons letting go life lists little things love magic mama Memorial Day memories milestones modern Mother's Day motivation Mustang nature opportunity organizing paint paradise passion patience peace perception perspective positive energy productivity purple quilt quilting quotes rainy days reflection refresh relaxation remnant renew resolutions responsibility restoration retro rhythm Rocketeer routines ruler quilting satisfaction scraps sewing sewing machine simplicity simplify Singer Singer 99 Slant-O-Matic 500 snow solitude Southern traditions spring stitching strawberries stress sugar sack summer sunshine thankful Thanksgiving Thoughts tiger oak traditions triangle tropical prints Universal useful valentine vintage violet waiting weather winter wisdom wishes yard sales