Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fashion Rerun: The Fun and Funky 70's

What's hip, cool, and a blast from the past? This spring and summer we're seeing a return of designs from forty years ago. Wow...can it be that long? It seems like yesterday. If I still had the little knit dresses, peasant tops, and floppy hats, they'd be classified as vintage! These are the clothes that I loved to sew and I have the patterns to prove it.

Looking through my older patterns, I found quite a few that are exactly the same as those in stores right now. The only problem is, mine are size 7 or 9 junior. Modifying those to fit my current size 12 will be a challenge for the more detailed designs. The simpler ones should convert easily. Or maybe I'll sell a few vintage patterns and buy new ones to add to my collection.

It will be fun to wear the 70's styles again, at least some of them. I don't believe I can manage micro-mini skirts this time around.

Useful Notion: What goes around, comes around...in fashion, style, home d├ęcor, or life.  Keep the best and discard the rest. 


Remember that always dressing in understated good taste is the same as playing dead.  -- Susan Catherine


Never wear anything that panics the cat.
           -- P.J. O'Rourke