Monday, February 6, 2017

Inspired By Chips & Salsa

Chips & Salsa
One of our favorite snacks became the inspiration for my latest quilting project. It started when I ordered some red fabric called tomato. Scraps of yellow batik print and a dash of lime dots gave me the classic colors I needed.

Now for a pattern with triangles. I found Grandmother's Puzzle, a vintage block that takes on a modern look with these fabrics. The multiple sized pieces are time consuming to cut and sew, even with a few short cuts. I'm glad I didn't plan on a bed size quilt for this one! The diagonal overall quilting was the  right finishing touch for this 15” x 27” table mat.

▼▲▼▲
You can find inspiration in everything.
And if you can't, look again.
~Paul Smith

▼▲▼▲
Don't waste time waiting
for inspiration.
Begin, and
inspiration will find you.
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
 ▼▲▼▲