Monday, January 16, 2017

Shady Green Spaces

Greenery is the popular color this year, but green has always been a favorite of mine. It reminds me of peaceful nature and the great outdoors.

Calming and refreshing shades of celadon, olive, pine, and moss are prevalent in this new wall hanging. I used 5” squares with 2½” x 5” rectangles, alternating green prints and batiks with light tan solids, set in a grid pattern. I finished it off by quilting with variegated thread in a triple serpentine stitch. 
 

I worked on this during a cold spell, thinking of spring days to come. Now in the middle of January the high will reach 70° today. I need to finish another quilt, but I think I'll open a window, then go outside for a walk.

❈❈❈
Those who find beauty
in all of nature
will find themselves
at one with life itself.
~L. W. Gilbert
 ❈❈❈