Monday, February 1, 2016

Expectations

We all have expectations; whether they're high or low depends mainly on our current situation. Sometimes they give us a false sense of security. Other times we are pleasantly surprised when the outcome is better than we thought.

As we wait for the groundhog to appear tomorrow, enjoy a few of my favorite quotes on this interesting subject.


Coffee has given me unrealistic expectations of productivity.

This is not a bakery. I don't sugar coat anything. If you ask for my opinion, that's what you will get. Don't get mad when it's not what you want to hear.

People who wonder if the glass is half empty or half full miss the point.  The glass is refillable.

It is a mistake to set high expectations for people who have already let you down.

Too many people miss the silver lining because they are expecting gold.

I wonder if my expectations are too high, or if I am just expecting things from the wrong people.

Follow the trail of your dreams, not the highway of others' expectations.