Monday, February 23, 2015

Scrap Happy

Diagonal Diamonds
Since it was cold and snowy last week, I took refuge in the sewing room to play. I didn't want to spend a lot of time designing, so I dipped into my boxes of cut scraps and started stitching. What fun it was to let the designs come without a particular result in mind.

The first little quilt, Diagonal Diamonds, started with 2 1/2” strips, cut into sixty degree diamonds. The bright colors are bordered by snowy white. I'll find another colorful print for the back and binding.
Morning Meditation

This table mat was super quick to make. I used 3 1/2” strips and only three colors in muted green and gold. Morning Meditation will look pretty on my dining room table.

Crayon Box is another colorful mix made up of 2 1/2” strips and 5 1/2” squares. The sewing went fairly quickly but it took longer to lay out the blocks and balance the colors. 

 
Crayon Box

After all that creative crafting, I was inspired to put everything away and clean up the sewing room. I sorted magazines and clipped articles to keep in my idea notebook. There are still plenty of scraps left for another week or two of wild and crazy sewing. I thoroughly enjoyed my snow days/sewing retreat. And, by the way, I did get a bowl or two of snow cream!


Creativity is messy,
and I am very creative!

Sewing is cheaper than therapy!