Monday, November 18, 2013

Embracing Normal

nor·mal

adjective \ˈnȯr-məl\
: usual or ordinary : not strange
: mentally and physically healthy

Dare I say it? I believe my life is returning to normal. Last Friday we moved my mama back to her house. While it's not a perfect situation, we have made it safe for her and it is where she wants to be.

Two weeks ago I listed eleven things that I would like to do in November. I'm happy to report that I'm well on my way to accomplish them. 

I spent all day yesterday in my sewing room! I finished a baby quilt for my friend Lori, caught up on a few other projects, sorted the box of fabric that I bought last week, and started a new lap quilt in shades of brown, ecru, and green.

My stress level dropped significantly after a day spent sewing. The weekend was ordinary, nothing strange or unusual happened. That's a good start on the road to normal.


Now and then everyone needs a good dose of normal.” – Anonymous