Monday, April 29, 2013

Enough Is Enough

I am done. I refuse to tolerate the actions of fools who have no regard for others. Self-centered, irresponsible, ungrateful people who take and never give have no place in my life. I'm beyond being angry or disappointed...I'm just done. I'm letting go of any expectations that they will change, do the right thing, or even show up.


People will show you exactly who they are, by their actions.
 They will also show you exactly what you mean to them the same way.
Believe them. This is reality.
 Your reality will be however you decide to handle it.”
~J.V. Manning

It is sad to watch someone close to us continually disappointed by people they love. I wonder why we tolerate poor behavior from the very people who should never treat us badly. They shouldn't be excused just because they share our DNA or because they have been in our lives for so long. Their action or inaction is the best gauge of how they feel about us.

One of the hardest lessons in life is knowing when to walk away. No one can fix crazy, toxic, or mean people. Worrying about them only brings us down; being angry with them doesn't help the situation. They, like all of us, will have to answer to a higher power one day.

I have learned that I can't change others, only myself. I can limit contact with anyone who does not positively impact my life. I am solely responsible for the people I let into it. 

I am walking away. Enough is enough. Letting go is easier than I thought, and I feel much better already. 

 

Labels

1930's 1942 1969 accountability Accuquilt adapt adjust adventure advice affirmations amazing anniversary antiques Art Deco attitude Australia autumn baby quilt balance batik beach beauty birthday blessing bliss BlockBase Blue Wren Bogie bonus breathe brightness candy cat challenge change chevrons chocolate choice Christmas closet clothes clutter coffee color contentment cooking cottage cotton crafts Craftsman crazy creativity crochet decorating design designs distraction DIY downsizing drama dreams drunkard's path Elna energy EQ8 excitement expectations fabric fall family Featherweight feed sack Fifty flexibility flour sack flowers flying geese Flynn Quilt Frame focus fool free motion free spirit freedom friends fun furniture garden Granny Hill Granny Rose Grasshopper grateful gratitude Halloween happiness hexagon imagination independence insight inspiration intuition inventory Janome joy karma laughter lessons letting go life lists little things love magic mama Memorial Day memories milestones modern Mother's Day motivation Mustang nature opportunity organizing paint paradise passion patience peace perception perspective positive energy productivity purple quilt quilting quotes rainy days reflection refresh relaxation remnant renew resolutions responsibility restoration retro rhythm Rocketeer routines ruler quilting satisfaction scraps sewing sewing machine simplicity simplify Singer Singer 99 Slant-O-Matic 500 snow solitude Southern traditions spring stitching strawberries stress sugar sack summer sunshine thankful Thanksgiving Thoughts tiger oak traditions triangle tropical prints Universal useful valentine vintage violet waiting weather winter wisdom wishes yard sales