Monday, December 10, 2012

A Box Of Fresh Fun

I just love opening a box of fun! My impulsive fabric order was delivered last week by our trusty UPS man. New material always inspires me and makes me smile. A rainy Sunday was the only excuse I needed to design a new lap quilt. I chose bright blue and fresh green prints from a Ty Pennington jelly roll assortment, adding in a few remnants of my own.
 
Grass and Sky is a simple four strip design, sashed with navy. A solid green border should contrast nicely. This is a quick one to sew; I already finished piecing the strips. The leftovers will find their way into a scrappy backing that I'll design later.

I may not need this quilt, except maybe to keep cat fur off my clothes. Take a look at Callie...she's all comfy lying upside down in my lap after supper. A bit spoiled, isn't she?



Who among us hasn't envied a cat's ability to ignore the cares of daily life and to relax completely?” – Karen Bradenmeyer