Monday, October 22, 2012

Just For Today

  • I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not try to overcome all my problems at once.
  • I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind shifts to negative thoughts, I will fill it with positive ones.
  • I will enjoy this day that has been given to me. I will pause to take pleasure in my surroundings: the sunset, raindrops, a cup of coffee, a sleeping cat, a colorful flower, or a beautiful melody.
  • I will tell my loved ones that they are indeed loved. My actions will reinforce my words, and I will make even little things special for them.
  • I will accept what is. I will face reality, correct those things that I can and accept those that I cannot.
  • I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort and thought, challenge my brain with memory games and word puzzles, or engage in lively conversation.
  • I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I’ll not speak ill of others. I’ll speak softly and not interrupt when others are talking. I’ll refrain from improving anyone but myself.
  • I will gather the courage to do what is right. I will take responsibility for my own actions and be true to my beliefs.
      
  • I will do something positive to improve my health. I will improve my appearance, eat healthily, get off the couch and take a brisk walk, even if only for a few minutes.
  • I will take time for myself. I will find peace through loving myself and enjoying my good life. 


    ** I'm not sure who originally wrote this list, but it has been modified several times. 

Labels

1930's 1942 1969 accountability Accuquilt adapt adjust adventure advice affirmations amazing anniversary antiques Art Deco attitude Australia autumn baby quilt balance batik beach beauty birthday blessing bliss BlockBase Blue Wren Bogie bonus breathe brightness candy cat challenge change chevrons chocolate choice Christmas closet clothes clutter coffee color contentment cooking cottage cotton crafts Craftsman crazy creativity crochet decorating design designs distraction DIY downsizing drama dreams drunkard's path Elna energy EQ8 excitement expectations fabric fall family Featherweight feed sack Fifty flexibility flour sack flowers flying geese Flynn Quilt Frame focus fool free motion free spirit freedom friends fun furniture garden Granny Hill Granny Rose Grasshopper grateful gratitude Halloween happiness hexagon imagination independence insight inspiration intuition inventory Janome joy karma laughter lessons letting go life lists little things love magic mama Memorial Day memories milestones modern Mother's Day motivation Mustang nature opportunity organizing paint paradise passion patience peace perception perspective positive energy productivity purple quilt quilting quotes rainy days reflection refresh relaxation remnant renew resolutions responsibility restoration retro rhythm Rocketeer routines ruler quilting satisfaction scraps sewing sewing machine simplicity simplify Singer Singer 99 Slant-O-Matic 500 snow solitude Southern traditions spring stitching strawberries stress sugar sack summer sunshine thankful Thanksgiving Thoughts tiger oak traditions triangle tropical prints Universal useful valentine vintage violet waiting weather winter wisdom wishes yard sales