Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Where I Am

I overheard someone the other day wishing she could go back to her early twenties and start her life over. That got me to thinking...if it was possible, would I go back? And to what age?

I certainly wouldn't do over my teen years, since I have many fond memories of high school, dating, spin the bottle in my basement, my first job, and fun with friends. Although I would like to send myself a message to keep my red '69 Camaro instead of trading it in.

There are a few decisions other times in my life that I might change, but everyone has those wishes. Eventually everything turned out ok, so I must have learned from those mistakes. Who's to say what else would have changed if I had done something differently?

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't go back and start over if given the chance. I like where I've been and I'm pretty happy where I've landed. This reflection on whether to do life over gave me inspiration to enjoy what I have, where I am, right now.


Happy is the person who knows what to remember of the past, what to enjoy in the present, and what to plan for in the future. ~ Arnold H. Glasgow