Monday, August 13, 2012

Rockin' On The Porch

Remember the old rocking chair I bought back in April? Well, I finally got around to recovering my yard sale bargain with a remnant of denim fabric. It now coordinates beautifully with the other furniture on our screened porch. It only took a few tools and a Saturday afternoon for the whole project.  

Naturally, once I put the newly covered rocker outside, I had to rearrange the furniture on the porch. And do a little sweeping and cleaning, water the plants and dust off the tables. But it was a nice way to spend a pleasantly cool Saturday in August. I was energized, so I got a lot accomplished both inside and outside the house. 

I had a pretty place to sit with my morning coffee to write this blog post. Now I'm rockin' on the porch watching the hummingbirds crowd around our feeders.

Here's a link to a photo of the chair before it was covered.   

 
There's something magical about porch swings and rocking chairs.  
Time slows to a crawl, the mind wanders, and a quiet peacefulness arrives.” 
– Author Unknown