Monday, January 23, 2012

Adjust. Adapt. Stay Calm.


What a crazy week!  I had several things planned, but life decided to throw a few extra curves my way. Nothing serious or life-altering...just not exactly what I had in mind. A delayed appointment resulted in a long wait in a loud environment. A family member lost something important, which required immediate action to avoid problems. A couple of other unexpected annoying situations changed my schedule.

And you know what? Overall, the disruptions actually turned out all right. Staying calm helped me adjust my focus and adapt to the current situation. I didn't lose my temper or get too frustrated. I was able to help someone; offer support and encouragement to another. Maybe my horoscope and biorhythms were positive. Or perhaps good karma favored me. Could be my resolutions to practice patience and awareness are working subliminally. Whatever the reason, I was able to handle the challenges with a positive attitude.

Looking back, my week was mostly full of fun and productive activity. I found time to enjoy a nice lunch date with my sweetie, visit with my mama, run errands, do a bit of housecleaning for mama-in-law, and meet friends for lunch on Friday. I read a mystery novel and even logged several hours in the sewing room piecing the new wall hanging for my living room.  
Here's a sneak peek ->  


Useful Notion: Life happens. Schedules change. Problems arise. How we react to each situation is what makes all the difference.


Today, I remain calm, no matter what storms may come my way.”
– Anonymous


Labels

1930's 1942 1969 accountability Accuquilt adapt adjust adventure advice affirmations amazing anniversary antiques Art Deco attitude Australia autumn baby quilt balance batik beach beauty birthday blessing bliss BlockBase Blue Wren Bogie bonus breathe brightness candy cat challenge change chevrons chocolate choice Christmas closet clothes clutter coffee color contentment cooking cottage cotton crafts Craftsman crazy creativity crochet decorating design designs distraction DIY downsizing drama dreams drunkard's path Elna energy EQ8 excitement expectations fabric fall family Featherweight feed sack Fifty flexibility flour sack flowers flying geese Flynn Quilt Frame focus fool free motion free spirit freedom friends fun furniture garden Granny Hill Granny Rose Grasshopper grateful gratitude Halloween happiness hexagon imagination independence insight inspiration intuition inventory Janome joy karma laughter lessons letting go life lists little things love magic mama Memorial Day memories milestones modern Mother's Day motivation Mustang nature opportunity organizing paint paradise passion patience peace perception perspective positive energy productivity purple quilt quilting quotes rainy days reflection refresh relaxation remnant renew resolutions responsibility restoration retro rhythm Rocketeer routines ruler quilting satisfaction scraps sewing sewing machine simplicity simplify Singer Singer 99 Slant-O-Matic 500 snow solitude Southern traditions spring stitching strawberries stress sugar sack summer sunshine thankful Thanksgiving Thoughts tiger oak traditions triangle tropical prints Universal useful valentine vintage violet waiting weather winter wisdom wishes yard sales