Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Favorites


Wow, can you believe Christmas is only a few days away?  I have lots of fond memories of exciting, crazy, and peaceful holidays. Besides the twinkling lights, fragrant candles, cheerful decorations, and mouth-watering smells coming from the kitchen, here are a few of my Christmas favorites.

Traditions:  Since I was a kid, I've always made (or helped make) Christmas sugar cookies and Chex mix.  

Foods: Pecan pie, my grandmother's white candy - made with Eagle Brand milk & walnuts, Archway Nutty Nougat cookies, homemade hot cocoa

Gifts:  I love presents!  Nothing beats the delight of giving or receiving a special little surprise.
 
Songs: White Christmas, I'll Be Home For Christmas, I Believe in Santa Claus (Kenny & Dolly), Nuttin' for Christmas (Sugarland) 

Movies/TV: Christmas Vacation, Polar Express, A Charlie Brown Christmas

Snow: It's wonderful when we get a white Christmas, but it doesn't happen often. I love snow anytime, so I'd settle for flurries. 

Santa:  I believe!  Whether I've been naughty or nice, he always manages to leave me a little something.