I believe I'll always be a child at heart. For me, anticipation of a snow day brings excitement and a sense of freedom. It's bonus time at home with no responsibility other than feeding the dog. So many options...do I catch up the laundry or straighten the house? No! I'd rather go outside to play, bake, or read. I could rearrange my sewing room. I might rummage through my fabric stash and sew a quickie project, or embellish a purchased item with new buttons.
If you need a jump start to get your creative juices flowing, try these ideas:
- Walk outside with a camera to snap interesting scenes or random objects.
- See special in the ordinary – look around your house as if you were a guest.
- Improvise: work with what you have available to make something right now.
- Make a list of decorating or organizing ideas for your home.
- Doodle. Write in a journal. Sketch out a design.
- Turn on the radio and dance.
- Browse online art or photos to spark inspiration.
If none of that works, take a nap. Absorb the quiet stillness of the snow and just be.
The color of winter is in the imagination. ~Terri Guillemets