Monday, June 19, 2017

Chocolate Batik Fantasy

I must have been craving chocolate when I made this table mat back in February. Who am I kidding? I crave chocolate EVERY DAY! It's a wonder more of my quilts aren't done in brown and mocha colors.

I've had the turquoise and chocolate floral print for a while and couldn't cut into it. Nothing spoke to me until I was inspired to make it the focal point. The single log cabin square is framed with turquoise and set on point inside the batik border. 

I used 5” slashed squares of mixed dots and purple batiks for the other side, keeping the same border fabric. Final 24” x 26” size is good for a wall hanging, too.

Now, where's the dark chocolate?

🔷🔷🔷
 
A balanced diet is
C H O C O L A T E
in both hands.

Chocolate is always the answer!
Who cares about the question?