Monday, September 21, 2015

Practicing Patience

patience [pey-shuh ns]
  • the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like
  • an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay
  • calmness, stability, and persistent courage in trying circumstances

After sixty-one years, you'd think I'd be pretty good at being patient, but apparently I need more practice. I want to focus on the without complaint, loss of temper part. 

Maybe yoga, meditation, or some kind of diversion would help. 

There's always a big glass of wine or a margarita.  Yeah, I'll take that. 


“Sometimes the fastest way
isn't always the best way.
Sometimes the best things in life
take a while.”
--Emily Beth

Patience is a virtue,
except when I'm the one
who has to put up with 
unnecessary crap.
--Unknown