Monday, April 20, 2015

Sewing On The Road

With all the rainy days in the past three weeks, I was happy to have a portable sewing machine along on our camping trip. I'd packed two shoe boxes of scraps – four inch and two and a half inch strips, along with my rotary cutter and a tiny cutting surface. I started by matching up lights, mediums, and darks in pleasant color combinations. No real plan or pattern yet, just a scrappy project that I will work on during each trip this year.

I sew on the dining table or the small desk, so I have to keep the area neat and put things away after each session. Later this year it will be warm and sunny, so I can sew outside on the picnic table. Stay tuned for updates and the final reveal later this year.

I did some crochet as well, a couple of spa washcloths in beachy blue and green hues, and finished a pink, green and white summer shrug that I gave my mama for Easter.



Wherever you go, 
no matter what the weather, 
always bring your own sunshine.” 
--Anthony J. D'Angelo