Monday, July 21, 2014

A Clean Slate

It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do! I've been meaning to paint our living area and my little office (Earnhardt shrine) for a while now. I kept putting it off because I didn't want to deal with moving furniture and taking everything off the walls. Well, I finally got around to it last week. The soft grey is a perfect neutral background. I love the results, all clean and fresh and neat. Baseboards, floors, and shelves are shining. 
 
The best part is that I edited what went back into each space. Fewer knick-knacks and pictures give both rooms a peaceful feeling. No clutter. Believe it or not, I didn't rearrange the furniture, at least not until I get a new rug. I have a few boxes of Dale 3 collectibles stashed in the closet, and a load of other stuff headed for donation. 
 
It's energizing, creative, and satisfying to freshen up our home. A little paint doesn't cost much, but it does make a huge difference in appearance, attitude, and outlook.

Useful Notion: Fresh paint is like a brand new notebook, an empty shelf, or a new day. You get a new perspective and a choice of what you want to change. 


"You have a clean slate every day you wake up.  You have a chance every single morning to make that change and be the person you want to be.  You just have to decide to do it.  Decide today's the day.  Say it: This is going to be my day." --Brendan Burchard