Monday, October 29, 2012
Monday, October 22, 2012
- I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not try to overcome all my problems at once.
- I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind shifts to negative thoughts, I will fill it with positive ones.
- I will enjoy this day that has been given to me. I will pause to take pleasure in my surroundings: the sunset, raindrops, a cup of coffee, a sleeping cat, a colorful flower, or a beautiful melody.
- I will tell my loved ones that they are indeed loved. My actions will reinforce my words, and I will make even little things special for them.
- I will accept what is. I will face reality, correct those things that I can and accept those that I cannot.
- I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort and thought, challenge my brain with memory games and word puzzles, or engage in lively conversation.
- I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I’ll not speak ill of others. I’ll speak softly and not interrupt when others are talking. I’ll refrain from improving anyone but myself.
- I will gather the courage to do what is right. I will take responsibility for my own actions and be true to my beliefs.
- I will do something positive to improve my health. I will improve my appearance, eat healthily, get off the couch and take a brisk walk, even if only for a few minutes.