Monday, November 5, 2012

Farewell To A Wonderful Man

Yesterday morning my father-in-law passed away suddenly.  Mose White Ireland (Whitey) had just turned 89 years old.  I will always remember his kindness, his beautiful silvery white hair, his wit and his devotion to his wife of 65 years.  They provided a Christian home for their two children, and I am thankful to him for raising his son to be the wonderful man I married.  

Whitey proudly served our country in the Army Air Corps during World War II.  He loved baseball, lively conversation, and puttering around in his workshop.  He never met a stranger and always told you exactly what he was thinking.  

I'm sure Whitey knew how much we loved him by our words and deeds.  We were all with him before he left in the ambulance, but sadly, he was gone before we knew it.  Sometimes we forget that we may not get to say our final goodbye.  Today, let your loved ones know what they mean to you.